Thursday, March 19, 2009

RSS or RRS? Whoops! Hey ... Feeds... Cool.

My searches were quick and easy, chasing up things about video games and movies and the popular online comics about gaming such as ctrl alt del and penny arcade jumped up with a huge selection of hits which I could of spent hours pouring through. I even through in quotes of the day, cause who doesn't like reading smart, intelligent or quick one-liners they wish they could remember later? Aftering adding several of interest I threw in the Powerhouse Picture of the day feed for good measure and finished it up. These can be used to link important news, features or just get the information out there for people to know! I think this tool is fantastic in the modern day being able to just throw up a way to get it all out there. I choose some work related bits for the library and for new best seller books, I tend to like the new york times best seller list for its had a few of my all time favorite series included in it such as the Horus Heresy and the Dark Elf Trilogy. I think we could use this quite easily if we kept up with our RSS and used it to public it for the library's benefit :)

No comments:

Post a Comment