Sunday, March 22, 2009

Delicious = Yummy?

Okay here I stumbled... But I never fell! I had difficulties signing up my own account to delicious (sorry!) due to the display image for the verification text never coming up. However I discovered due to a very generous staff member that our library had an account and I thought it may just be fine that I used it instead so here goes;

http://delicious.com/Inverell.Library

Now as for what I think of it and how it can be used, it's a fairly easy concept to grasp - A website created by you linking people to everything that they may need to look at concerning the topic you had in mind (Or something close to that). How can it benefit libraries you ask? Well! It's one of those beautiful little things where if someone needs to get a page up that alot of people ask for, like for example the RTA homepage, or a direct link to the drivers knowledge test which for us would be one of the most asked for things that I have come across - Perhaps even some free online educational games for the little ones or even to emails for those wanting to sign up a email account which is another highly asked question. It could just as easily be used to research topics if we take them to wiki's or any database of information.

So in closing, - Can be very useful! Perhaps the best use I could imagine is throwing it as a link onto the libraries website with more "useful links" which might be a nicer and more organised way of making a the links page.

No comments:

Post a Comment